Whether you're a wine connoisseur or just a lover of natural beauty, you'll be swept away with the tastes and sights of the Stellenbosch wine region. Take part in many guided wine tastings to get your taste buds tingling with unique local pairings. Sample wine paired with biltong (cured meat) and 'droëwors' (dried sausage) and even artisan ice cream.
Explore a Cape Dutch wine farm with unique heritage garden, lush vineyards and farm-to-table restaurants & winery.
Join a group from: R990 per person (max 13 people)
Make it a private tour from: *size dependent
Pickup & Drop-off service
Transfers to tour highlights
Insured & licensed mini-van
English speaking local qualified guide
Ice-cream & Wine Pairing
Biltong & Wine Pairing
You can decide if you want to do these and book & pay for it on tour. Some optionals are seasonal or subject to weather conditions.
extra Wine Tasting
Meals + drinks* excluded.
You’ll get the opportunity to experience a choice of local eating spots en route.
Early morning PICKUP
from your accommodation in Cape Town CBD or Stellenbosch.
- Soak up the views on a scenic drive through Stellenbosch’s historical center to reach Babylonstoren, a Cape Dutch wine farm surrounded by vineyards, orchards and the dramatic mountains of the Drakenstein Valley. Should you wish, an early morning wine tasting (optional extra with cost) it can be arranged at this stop. Experience the simple daily rhythm of a working farm; spanning over eight acres, every one of edible varieties in the garden are grown as biologically as possible – supplying a remarkable organic Green House Deli & farm restaurant - a foodie heaven. Enjoy a meandering walk along this exceptionally well–preserved 'werf' garden grounds dating from 1690, inspired by the Company Gardens of the Cape and the mythical garden of Babylon.
WINE & BILTONG PAIRING
at a bustling co-operative, located in the heart of South Africa’s oldest and most renowned wine route. This unique pairing of premium wines with specially selected cured and dried meats is a true celebration our local heritage. Tasting notes may include Springbok, Beef, Kudu cured meats paired with Pinotage, Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon.*.
WINE & ICE-CREAM PAIRING
in breathtaking green Devon Valley, renowned for its award winning Cape Blends. An innovative taste combination pairing wine tasting and homemade artisan ice cream. The head chef develops the flavours and aromas each season to get a great match. Sample some of the delights on offer that may include creative blend of fruit of the season, chocolate, nuts, vegetable, herbs and spices ice-cream matched with Sauvignon Blanc; Methode Cap Classique, Pinotage and more. (Ice cream styles and flavors are seasonal, and may differ from time to time.)
WINE TASTING at ERNIE ELS Wine Estate
Experience the fascinating world of wine as seen and enjoyed by this renowned South African golfer. Take a seat and drink in views of Stellenbosch's surrounding vineyards and Table Mountain in the distance, as you taste up to four wine varietals; including Chenin Blanc, Rose and Shiraz/ Cabernet Sauvignon blends.
- Travel back to reach Cape Town area by late afternoon.
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion run in reverse or different order. This day tour may be part of a longer multi-day tour.
* Exclude meals & drinks (except tastings mentioned in itinerary) & optional extra activity costs.
* Pairing styles and flavors are seasonal, and may differ from suggested guideline above.